- 40 states and DC have implemented some form of a Good Samaritan policy or a 911 drug immunity law
- States with similar laws have reported as much of a 15% drop in opioid overdoses in past five years (Texas Department of State Health Services, June 2018)
- The law also does not appear to raise the amount of drug users
- Implement THECB recommendations for Credit Transfers
- Provisions to track transfer students progress in degree program after transfer
- Alignment with ACGM and TCCNS Consistent with Field of Study (FOS) curriculum for programs where an FOS exists
Open Source Textbooks
- According to an AP survey conducted on March 26, 2018, 65% of students skipped buying a textbook at some point because of cost, 50% of those students say their decision to put off or skip buying course materials had a negative impact on their grades.
- Lower division Biology Courses at Texas A&M including 111, 112, and 113 have introduced an open source textbook for students through OpenStax and professors are currently customizing OpenStax to fit courses in ways that a textbook from a company could not.
- $10,000 initial investment 6000% ROI saving students $600,000 (grant from Center of Teaching Excellence)
- Match the THECB’s 2016 recommendation that the Texas Legislature fund formula funding to match inflation.